Mondeo Button Illumination

Just bought a second-hand (Sept '02) Mondeo, and the button which selects Recirculated Air/ Outside Air doesn't illuminate, so I don't know which way it is set (except by smell!).

I *could* take it back to the dealership and have a moan, but how easy/difficult is it to replace whatever illuminates the button, and how is it dismantled to get at it?

All help appreciated.

Reply to
Paul King

the bulbs in switches cannot usually be replaced, you have to buy a new switch!!

Reply to
mrcheerful

The message from "mrcheerful ." contains these words:

Bah - you're not trying hard enough. With a bit of low cunning and a clean sheet of paper on the kitchen table (you /know/ how those bits ping off) you can usually fix 'em.

It's not just the money, it's the satisfaction of having kept the money out of the pockets of people who can't be arsed to design the products properly.

Reply to
Guy King

Seems I didn't RTFM properly! On this model the Air Recirculation can't be selected if the Air Control knob is selecting the Windscreen Demist position :) Went back to the dealership, and someone demonstrated it to me.

Thanks for the replies - all sorted now :)

Reply to
Paul King

"Paul King" wrote in news:1114084775.2229f700a645433039642e0ceaff02eb@teranews:

Yes, this is the same on my Vauxhall Carlton and Vectra, however on the Carlton the light doesn't illuminate if in demist mode, but on the Vectra the light still illuminates, it just doesn't do anything! I guess this is to stop the problem you had :-)

Keep well,

Will

Reply to
Will

How ? Pray tell.........

Graham

Reply to
Graham

Ok - Just read ALL the post - Just ignore me.

Graham

Reply to
Graham