Mondeo Central Locking

Can anyone help?

I have a Vreg (99) Mondeo Zetec, the 3 fob key central locking doesnt seem to work on the 1st press, when locking and unlocking, it takes about ten press before i can get it to lock. So i now use the key in the door! Once opening the drivers door and setting off, the other 3 doors unlock themselves automatically, i have no idea whats causing these problems, but i replaced the remote bateries just before xmas, and didnt make any difference.

Someone told me it could be the motor in the door or the sensors. What do you reckon guys?

Reply to
saintsrsinners4

hi we had excatly the same problem on our 98 mondeo the solonoid in the door has gone your best bet is to buy one from the scrap yard as they are quite expensive regards wendi

Reply to
wendy

Thanks for that wendi, i took the plugs out the the module for an hour and it worked better when i put them back, but still not picking up the signal too well when i press the button, is it the solenoid in the drivers door? can i take the trim off and find , can i tell if its faulty?

Your help would be much appreciated

David

Reply to
saintsrsinners4