Mondeo electric window weirdness!

Hi There,

I have a 1997 Mondeo, in which the front passenger electric window does not work. There is power running to the multi plug connecter when the switch is pushed 12.5V with the engine off, 15 with the engine running, (passenger, as the drivers side switch is U/S ) The motor runs and moves the window when connected directly to a power source and the replacement motor and regulator that I bought do not work when connected to the car power either, this one has me a bit stumped, is there something glaringly obvious that I have missed?

Many Thanks

Simon

Reply to
simonmossuk

Accompanied by the sound of a chisel on slate snipped-for-privacy@googlemail.com, managed to produce the following words of wisdom

It'll be the drivers side switch. Fix that and I reckon it'll come back to life.

Reply to
Pete M

MK1 and Mk2 Mondeos are as bad as Alfas for having weird electrical problems IME. Worse in fact :-)

Mike O

Reply to
Mike P

confirmed, you must have two good switches to make the lh window operate

Reply to
Mrcheerful