Mondeo Front Wheel Bearing

Hi all

I've just replaced my CV joint on a mk1 mondeo and noticed the wheel bearing rough. What I would like to know is what tools I require and how to replace it. The local garage wants =A380 so I'd rather buy the tools and do it myself so that I can do the other side too.

Cheers

Sy

Reply to
casamensa

I've just replaced my CV joint on a mk1 mondeo and noticed the wheel bearing rough. What I would like to know is what tools I require and how to replace it. The local garage wants £80 so I'd rather buy the tools and do it myself so that I can do the other side too.

Cheers

Sy

20 ton press ( which ours is or something similiar ) id go for the 80 quid option, save you a lot of hassle in the long run.
Reply to
reg

Wow, 20 ton? Thats rare, never met one that required more than 10 tons yet. But i have to agree, unless you want to buy a press for some other reason its likely better to hand over =A380.

Reply to
Coyoteboy

no your right regards to the amount of pressure needed, you shouldn't need that much, but we have in the past resorted to using most of it to try and remove a bearing.

Reply to
reg

how much do you think a press would cost? I think i'll go with the garage option, cheers for the advice!

Reply to
casamensa

lol a lot more then the 80 quid your going to part with, or you could strip it and ask you local friendly garage to press the bearing & flange in & out for a few pints .

Reply to
reg

Or you can normally get the garage to do it for a note if you take the hub in.

Reply to
Duncanwood

The message from Duncanwood contains these words:

Mine charged a tenner last time I needed a bearing pressing out and a new one pressing in.

Reply to
Guy King