Mondeo Headlamp Bulb changing

Looked earlier at changing the headlamp bulb on a Mondeo Mk2 (1999).

Doesn't look obvious how to get to it, do you have to remove the entire headlamp unit ?

Cheers

Reply to
Dave

You do have to remove the headlamp assembly :- Remove front grille. Remove headlamp screw that was behind grille. Slacken bolts on top of headlamp. Disconnect multiplugs. Remove headlamp assembly.

You can then change the bulb(s).

This is a right pain up the arse, but not quite as bad as the Mk I mondeo, which involved removing the bumper...

Reply to
Chris Howard

Cheers for that, did exactly that only to realise that the spare bulb I had lying around was a full beam bulb not the main headlight bulb ..... reassemble, go get bulb, come back and repeat exercise ........ ar$e.

£9.38 for the bulb (from Ford parts desk) - what a rip off. Hoh hum.

-Dave.

Reply to
Dave