mondeo heater problem

Have Mk1 mondeo diesel 1996. Noted that the heater does not seem to be heating up as well as it used to. The needle doesn't even make it into the normal zone even when driven hard on the motorway. I've partially covered the air intake to the radiator, but little change. Any suggestions?

Reply to
Alan Lipscombe

Sounds like the thermostat is stuck wide open and the engine isnt reaching full temperature. Have it changed- especially with winter approaching- running too cool is bad for the engine, dangerous if you cant demist and will increase you fuel consumption.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

It's _probably_ the temperature sender. These are a "known" (I.e. my Orion, and my mum's Fiesta never registered above cold) problem.

I'd check the operation of the thermostat and the radiator fan. If the thermostat's stuck open, and the fan running constantly, with the cold weather, that may be keeping the engine cold, but I'd still start with the temperature sender.

Pete.

Reply to
Pete Smith

Same problem as mine, your thermostat is stuck open. Easy job, thermostats are about 8 quid.

Reply to
John Woodhall

My Mondeo 1996 diesel is having problems heating up from cold. Needle doesn't even get on the normal zone on the heater gauge, despite coveing

25% of the radiator. Any suggestions?
Reply to
Alan Lipscombe

Once again Alan.

Same problem as mine, your thermostat is stuck open. Easy job, thermostats are about 8 quid.

Reply to
John Woodhall

You've been told...thermostat.

Reply to