Mondeo intermittent idle

OK, latest problem:

My 1996 Mondeo 2.0 (silvertop Zetec) has a smooth idle but every so often it almost stalls and idles lumpily for a few seconds at about 250rpm before picking back up to 750ish(warm) or 1100ish(cold).

I checked the infamous T-piece under the coil and found it did have a hole in it. Quick fix, £4 from the local dealer, did it this morning.

Never that easy though, is it?

It still does it.

What's next on the list... idle control valve? EGPD? vacuum pipes split? HT leads? All of the above and some other bits?

Reply to
PCPaul

plugs, leads, coils, IACV are the usual suspects

Reply to
Mrcheerful

"Mrcheerful" wrote

Especially HT leads which are a known problem on Mondeos.

Reply to
Knight Of The Road