Mondeo Locking Wheel Nuts

When I removed a front wheel on my '98 Mondeo I noticed that the locking wheel nut was a wee bit chewed up and then the outer part ( the bit that spins) had split so I thought I had better get a new set . Ford have quoted me £26 . I had a look on ebay and there is a set at £9.99 with one bid and less than two days to go .

the kind with the special fitting socket that I have on. On Ebaythere are also the kind that fit over the ordinary wheel nut and use akey-I think- but as I dont have any spare wheel nuts they are no good andIm not sure if the cover would fit anyway once they were fitted .
Anyone know of a source for cheaper than £26 ?? I have Ford Alloys fitted if thats important .

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart

In message , Stuart writes

Yep they are the genuine Ford ones that are manufactured by McGard. The Ford price is cheaper than buying the same (but labelled "McGard") ones in Halfords.

I've had problems in the past using cheap ones.

I'd stick to the Ford ones. The postage on the auction is £5.50 so unless the final price is a good bit less than £20, its hardly a bargain.

Reply to
Paul Giverin

snipped

Thx Paul Ive limited myself to £14.50 plus the £5.50 for the Ford ones .As you say it might finish up not such a bargain.

as for the postage I posted a moan( about sellers loading postal charges ) in a separate thread in uk.rec.cars.misc about this very subject asking why it costs £5.50 to ship a set of wheel nuts and a key especially by Standard Parcel when Special Delivery would seem a better option for such a lightweight item . Stuart

Reply to
Stuart