Mondeo MK2 Alarm - Bonnet Switch Faulty?

Hi

The Alarm on my MK2 Mondeo has been playing up. Going off for no reason usually just after locking the doors.

Yesterday afternoon it kept going off constantly, tried opening and closing the driver door a few times as that used to seem to fix it but no joy. Finally in desperation i opened the bonnet and activated that switch a few times and it has been OK since.

The boys at fords looked at it today and plugged in their fault reader and told me that the system was perfectly OK.

That seems to make the bonnet switch the culprit, they said as that one is hardly ever used it gets dirt and crud in it breaking the contact. They reckon that pressing it a few times has cleaned up the contact enough to make a connection.

Does that sound plausible?

How easy is it to change the bonnet switch and how much should it cost to replace. The haynes manual unfortunately doesn't seem to give a procedure for replacing this switch.

Any advice appreciated.

Regards

Matthew

Reply to
Matthew Foster

couple of times to test the system and tell you all is ok, Regarding the sensor i would imagine it will run to a multi-plug,follow the wire i assume it will run down the side of one of the wings, The button may just be a single bolt,i would go to my local scrapyard and change it with that. HTH Simon.

Reply to
simon

"Matthew Foster" wrote in message news:3dTdd.12800$ snipped-for-privacy@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk...

You should visit