Mondeo Mk2 Lower wishbones

Car in for MOT. Garage rung to tell me front lower wishbone bushes worn and need replacing. Everything else ok.

Just wondered if I would notice this when driving as this Mondy handles very well and everything feels tight.

Have agreed to replace whole wishbones.

Rockingrabbit

Reply to
Rockingrabbit

If they were real bad, you'd get a vibration like a warped disc when braking. If they've not got to that point, you'll notice no improvement.

Reply to
Conor

Just got it back. =A3200 lighter including the cost of the MOT. Just curious about the bolt on the near side where its close to gearbox. Its got the nut uppermost, is that ok as thought it was other way round before. I know its tricky to get bolt in on that side.

Reply to
Rockingrabbit

as long as the thread does not go up significantly above the nut then it is fine, if it is too long it can dig a hole in the gearbox.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

When I did mine I just cut off the old bolt and fitted the new one upside down. Seems your garage took the same route.

Reply to
Willy Eckerslyke

End of bolt is flush with nut so all seems ok. Looks very tight for space there. Would hate to do that job myself.

Thanks Rockingrabbit

Reply to
Rockingrabbit

Thinking about it I did sometimes get this if braking hard on downward slope. Once I got slight vibration but mostly was a feeling of variable braking force at the last point of braking before stationary when the car rests back on suspension after heavy use of brakes.

To put it another way, its like I was slightly pressing on and off the brake pedal while still under high braking force. Very very slightly though. I thought it might be warped discs. We will see if its ok after I give it a proper test drive when its stopped raining.

Reply to
Rockingrabbit

Been there and did that with the wifes to the point of changing the discs.

Reply to
Conor

Rockingrabbit wrote in news:8f413ab5-fe3d-412f- snipped-for-privacy@t2g2000yqe.googlegroups.com:

Before I did my wishbones on the Mondeo MK2, it pulled one way under acceleration, and the other way under braking. As others have said, the upside down bolt is a quicker and much cheaper way of doing it.

Reply to
Tunku