Mondeo MK2 rear door shenanigans

My dad's Mondeo has a dodgy rear door, it won't open. All the other doors are fine, but one of the rears feels as if it's locked (no resistance when the handle is pulled).

Is there an easy way of getting into the door ? I've not looked at it yet, but I have a Mondeo too, and I've looked at mine and there seems to be no way of removing the door inner panel with the door shut :(

Help please...

TIA

Reply to
Tony Bond (UncleFista)

the rear door handles often seize up, new ones are cheap.

To open the door you will probably be able to spring the mechanism with the window wound down and a long thin hook use a good torch to look down and work out what does what.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

Thanks for that Mr C, I'll give it a go ;)

Tony

Reply to
Tony Bond (UncleFista)

Just to end the thread, I looked at it and after a bit of wiggling the wiring as it goes into the door, it works fine. For now :)

It's been working fine for a couple of days and even unlocks with the central locking (something I found out it's not done as long as he's owned it)

Cheers all

Reply to
Tony Bond (UncleFista)