Mondeo MK2 Thermostat

Duh, it's a 2.0 16v Zetec Petrol...

Reply to
Mike P

If this is the correct engine. It took just 20 seconds on google.

Reply to
Mike Barnard

And it's a trivial job (as these things go, and if you don't mind spilling a couple of pints of antifreeze...)

You don't even need to take the pipes off, there's enough room and flex to get the cover off easily.

I just fitted a QH replacement stat on my 2.0 Zetec (silvertop, but I believe your blacktop is identical in this respect).

undo the three bolts, let the coolant spill (or put a tray underneath if you like) and bend it away enough to reach the stat. The stat is mounted well inside the housing, and you might have to tug it to get it free.

My new stat came with a cardboard 'one size fits all' gasket which was totally the wrong size and type. What I had to do was take the black plastic/rubber ring off from round the edge of the old stat and stretch it over the new one.

Put the new stat in the same way round as the old one, air vent hole at the top if it has one, then bolt it all up again.

Top up the coolant and drive off.

Worked for me, about two weeks ago, no problems since (but nice warm legs again on the drive to work).

Reply to
PCPaul

All done now, thanks for your help chaps!

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P