Mondeo MOT failed

Hi

just want to check the costs here are ok my Mot failed for the following

Anti Roll Bar Rubber bushes Both sides Suspension Arm Rubber Bushes(wishbone) both sides Nearside Anti Roll Linkage

Any ideas What I should expect to pay for this. Have been quoted =A3300 but think this maybe abit too high...

I could stomach =A3200..

Thanks

John

Reply to
John K

just want to check the costs here are ok my Mot failed for the following

Anti Roll Bar Rubber bushes Both sides Suspension Arm Rubber Bushes(wishbone) both sides Nearside Anti Roll Linkage

Any ideas What I should expect to pay for this. Have been quoted £300 but think this maybe abit too high...

I could stomach £200..

======================================

Careful when you get it done, make sure they don't lower the price and fit cheapo wishbones, they don't last, fit genuine Ford....

Reply to
Tony Bond

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

Hi tony,

thanks for the reply...

I think it's just the Wishbone Bushes need replacing.. Not the actual Wishbones..

Not sure if they have to be replaced with the Bushes as one complete.. But he didn't mention that the wishbones needed replacing also. just wishbone Bushes...

john

Reply to
John K

I plan on replacing the car 12 months so not looking for longivety.. Just a pass on MOT.. =================================

Cheapo wishbones it is then :)

Reply to
Tony Bond

Hi tony,

thanks for the reply...

I think it's just the Wishbone Bushes need replacing.. Not the actual Wishbones..

Not sure if they have to be replaced with the Bushes as one complete.. But he didn't mention that the wishbones needed replacing also. just wishbone Bushes...

With the Mondy, its cheaper (labour wise), easier and alot less hassle to replace the entire wishbone.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

just want to check the costs here are ok my Mot failed for the following

Anti Roll Bar Rubber bushes Both sides Suspension Arm Rubber Bushes(wishbone) both sides Nearside Anti Roll Linkage

Front suspension Arm LH

Part Number: 1141294(QTY1)

£68.67

Front suspension Arm RH

Part Number: 1141293(QTY1)

£68.67

Front suspension Arm Fixing Bolts

Part Number: 6203229(QTY6)

0.73p each

Suspension Arm Fixing Nuts

Part Number: 7062398(QTY6)

0.59p each

Front suspension Drop Links

Part Number: 1106269(QTY2)

£31.09each

Front Stabiliser Bar Bush

Part Number: 1128725(QTY2)

£4.41each

Front Stabiliser Bar Bush Brackets (these are also required with the later bush as it has been modified)

Part Number: 1125699QTY2)

£2.03each

All plus Vat

Best wishes

Reply to
Urban Legend

In message , reg writes

Yes that did happen at first but Ford eventually supplied a slightly shorter bolt to prevent it fouling the gearbox. Although they never officially condoned the fitting of the bolt the wrong way, I think they accepted that most garages were going to do the job the easy way

Reply to
Paul Giverin

Does the Car require a re- tracking when this work on the suspension wishbones, linkage arms .. ?

Reply to
John K

2 hours tops.
Reply to