Mondeo Number Plate Fitting

Replacing the rear number plate on my Mk 2 Mondeo I se that it sits on two raised projections meaning there is a space between most of the plate and the bodywork . I have wondered before why it was done this way and not flush with the metal ....can anyone suggest why this might be ? I can't see any advantage .

Reply to
Usenet Nutter

Usenet Nutter gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

To prevent the plate vibrating and chafing paint off, and to prevent water being trapped between the plate and the metal.

Reply to
Adrian

Thx ...Yeah it probably is that ..I s'pose if I was fussed I could get a number plate surround and adapt it to fit flush with the body work and seal it with silicone then fit the plate to it .

Reply to
Usenet Nutter

Are you not happy with the current arrangement?

Rob Graham

Reply to
Rob Graham

Yeah it's ok.Just wondering why they did it that way ......I've just fitted a new plate anyway ..couldn't get one of the screws out so had to remove the inner panel to get access to the plug the screw fitted in to as it was just spinning and spinning round so Mole grips did the job .

Reply to
Usenet Nutter