Mondeo OBD?

I've been looking for info on Mondeo OBD-type connections - specifically for my 1996 2 litre petrol Mark 1.

It seems this was around about the time they started having OBD-II fitted, but I can't find anything to say whether mine would have it or not - or if they haven't then if they have some other sort of diagnostic connector.

So, does anybody know? Where would the connector be, and what does it look like? What protocol does it speak?

The ultimate aim is to make something like the ScanGauge that reads the engine stats and displays useful stuff that you don't get from normal trip computers, like 'pence per mile'.

Reply to
PCPaul

mark 1 has the connector under the bonnet at the back on the left, three pin thing, later ones it is above the drivers feet behind a little cover

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Star tester IIRC? Not likely to have the sort of information the OP wants either.

Reply to
Clint Sharp

I've looked a bit deeper into it now - that three pin socket is the EEC- IV fault code socket, and you're right it doesn't look like it has the day-to-day stats on it :-(

There's still a glimmer of hope, though - at a quick glance my car doesn't appear to have the three pin socket under the bonnet (by the power steering reservoir?) but I didn't have time to check for one in the drivers footwell.

Reply to
PCPaul