Mondeo Parking Light Disabling

I recently posted about finding my Mondeo inoperative a few days ago ,the problem being a flat battery caused by a combination of me inadvertently switching the parking light ON when switching the lights OFF and the battery being low in fluid . It is quite easy to set the switch to the "parking light" position when switching the lights off ..Anyone know of a simple way of stopping this apart from taking care when leaving the car ....I thought of sticking something to the switch so the knob cannot go to that position ..I never use the parking lights,well not intentionally anyway ...lol

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart

On mine you actually have to push the switch inwards and then turn it to engage the parking lights. Simply turning the regular lights off means you can't go directly to the parking light position.

Reply to
Michael Rodgers

Yeah..Mine is the same but it seems to be relatively easy to go past the "off" position to the " parking light" position ...especially if you turn the switch quickly ... Stuart

Reply to
Stuart

Fit a 'lights on buzzer' from Halfords or Maplin - about a fiver?

Reply to
TTT

There already is one on a Mondeo to warn you that you have left the lights on but obviously that doesnt work with the "parking" light as leaving it on is suposed to be intentional .....lol

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart

It wouldn't stop you running a second one on the parking lights. Or you disconnect the parking light wires at the back of the switch?

Reply to
TTT