Mondeo Rear Seat Belts

I have seen many posts about the rear centre seat belt locking up on the Mondeo and know that it can be caused by the seat not being fully locked into position.

However, I have a similar problem but my rear seat is in the folded position and can't be put upright as the locked belt is preventing it! I have tried fiddling with the seat locking mechanism but with no success.

Is there a technique in freeing the seat belt, or am I going to have to cut the belt and replace it before the next MOT?

Reply to
Allan

Fixed it:

The nice garage man suggested banging the back to the seat to reset the inertia, but when that failed be prised off the plastic covers at the base of the seat belt and that exposed the clip which you are then able to undo like a normal seat belt connection. Once the seat is slammed back into a locked position the seat belt started functioning again. Put it all back together and everything is normal again.

Reply to
Allan