Mondeo starting prob

I have a 2001 Tddi Just had the flywheel changed as it needed it. Had intermittent start probs before changing flywheel which sounded like starter trying to engage but jamming. After changing flywheel the problem persisted and got rapidly worse so changed the starter. The problem is now still there every few days. It was a close a mate of mine who is a mech so have complete confidence all the work was done and correctly done. But now we're scratching our heads.

Any ideas!!!

Reply to
Neil H

Give us a clue.

Is it turning over normally, fast, slow? Is it making funny grating noises? Is the starter 'clicking'? What lights are on the dashboard? What voltage is being drawn across the battery & starter? Does it turn easier with the clutch disengaged? Have the heaters been changed? Is there an air lock in the fuel line (I know Ford diesels are supposed to self prime)?

Reply to
Classic Car Man

The starter is not turning engine over it just sounds like its whirring away without engaging. You could perhaps describe it as a grating noise. It usually starts after a couple of key turns but can take half a dozen. All lights look normal. No difference with clutch engaged or not. When engine does turn it starts immediately.

Reply to
NasherX