Mondeo TD waxstat

The Mk1 Mondeo TD injection pump has an idle fuel lever which is cable operated from a waxstat at the base of the thermostat housing. Does anyone know if the waxstat and cable can be replaced on their own or does the whole thermostat housing have to be replaced? Its quite difficult to see it clearly but there are hexagonal flats on the waxstat housing, suggesting that it does come off.

Reply to
Paul Giverin

Try here

They will be able to help you.

Reply to
Simondeo

In message , Simondeo writes

Already a member and no luck there either.

Reply to
Paul Giverin

we take the pumps off and send them away to a diesel specalist maybe asking someone like that who might now a bit more a common problem that we used to do is the little spring at the front which often snaps i know these come separate -mondeo96- not sure if yours has one

Reply to
ford_technical_

In message , ford_technical_ writes

The waxstat isn't actually on the pump, its on the bottom of the thermostat housing and operates the idle lever on the pump by cable. I just need to know if the waxstat can be replaced on its own or does the complete thermostat housing have to be changed.

Reply to
Paul Giverin

ask at ford parts dept ?

Reply to