Mondeo TDCi (130) and Biodiesel

Just got an 04 plate Mondeo 2L TDCi (130). Place local to me, ID Oils=20

recycles veggie oil it sells to food places=20and sells it for vehicles. From what I remember, they do the full=20processing on it and stick in the additives required to thin it out=20etc.

Would it be suitable to use in the Mondeo? I don't think that straight=20 veggie oil would be but buying from this place would save me =A320 a=20 tank.

--=20 Conor

I'm not prejudiced. I hate everyone equally.

Reply to
Conor

A quick google suggests that it's not a good idea.

List it as 'unfeasible'

Reply to
SteveH

Maybe not worth it. Looking around the forums at the veggie sites,=20 there seems to be a "appears to be OK" with a 50/50 but some run 100%=20 however a lot of it depends on how the stuff is processed.

Sod it, not worth the trouble for =A320 over 600 miles.

--=20 Conor

I'm not prejudiced. I hate everyone equally.

Reply to
Conor

Not when you consider the cost of replacing a knackered high-pressure diesel pump.

Reply to
SteveH

Would it be suitable to use in the Mondeo? I don't think that straight veggie oil would be but buying from this place would save me £20 a tank.

My handbook for one of these says don't

Rob Graham

Reply to
Rob graham

And the injectors have to be replaced by Ford due to them/ECU needing=20 reprogramming when they're changed.

--=20 Conor

I'm not prejudiced. I hate everyone equally.

Reply to
Conor

Go check out

im almost certian that the Mondeo cant take veg oil in any blendfor very long if at all with out stuffing up the injector pumps. Butshould be fine on proper biodiesel tho.

Reply to
caveman_si