Mondeo TDCi servicing

I service my own car, a 2003 Mondeo TDCi. Do I have to tell the engine management unit that I have serviced it? If so, how is it done? If it's just a matter of pushing buttons and turning the ignition key, I'd really like to know. Or does it need a dealer with a laptop?

I'm not up to speed with modern engine management systems; my previous car was 19 years old when I pensioned it off. I fear that the electronics will decide to report a 'car not serviced' error, and leave me doing 30mph on a motorway in the middle of nowhere in the middle of the night.

Regards, Emlyn Jones

Reply to
emlyn.j

if it doesn't have a service light on the dash, then there is no problem, ignore it all.

Reply to
MrCheerful

I think the worst you can expect is a little spanner icon appearing either as a bulb or on the LCD in the clocks. It won't inhibit the car in anyway. Well, providing you do actually service it ;-)

Reply to
Sandy Nuts

If the person does their own servicing, and uses genuine Ford parts, is their warranty still valid as part of the terms and conditions?

Or must a garage *always* do everything, not necessarily a Ford garage, but necessarily Ford parts?

Reply to
gthh

Think warranties are only valid if servicing is carried out by VAT registered garages only.

Reply to
diy-newby