Mondeo Wishbone Replacement Cost

My Mondeo Front Wishbones have been teetering on the brink for replacement last couple of MOT's and I was wondering what the likely cost ( Glasgow) will be .It'll be a small (ish) independent place that'll be getting the job . Hopefully it'll be done the quickish way which I believe means grinding out bolts and replacing them or some of them upside down .

Reply to
Usenet Nutter

£20 for the part per side and an hour labour tops.

Never needed to grind the bolts out to change them.

Reply to
Conor

Thx for that Conor ......If the bolt on the NS is the original my understanding is it has the bolt coming down with the nut underneath and you need to drop the subframe to get it out complete so it gets ground off and the replacement goes in upside down with the nut on top .

Reply to
Usenet Nutter

As they fail roughly every 30-40k, unless its low mileage its probably on its second set.

Reply to
Conor

I've got away lightly then. Mine's on 125K and they are original.

Rob Graham

Reply to
Rob Graham

I think my R Reg is on around less than 60K and they are needing replacement ..Sod's Law eh?

Reply to
Usenet Nutter