Mondy TDCi - software upgrade etc

Hi,

I've a Mondeo TDCi 130 and occasionally between 1700-2100 rpm it sort of momentarily 'hiccups'. If it happens at all, it happens within the first 5 miles or so - but most of the time it's ok.

I've read there is a software upgrade that helps to cure this problem - anyone any direct experience of this? Did it work?

I've also, only twice, experienced the glowplug light flashing when trying to start it. I've put this down to me not starting the engine as soon as the light goes out - I've since religiously paid attention to my starting procedure and it's not re-occurred.

Also, I've a bit of rear wind noise from the rear passenger window - looking at the window seals, I'm not sure they are fitted quite right - is this a common problem and would the manufacturer's warranty cover it or is it too trivial?

Talking of warranty - I've only got one stamp in the book when there should be two. I can prove the missing service occurred at a Ford dealer since I have the lease companies print out of the cars history including date, mileage of all services etc. - it's just not stamped in the book. How fussy are Ford about this sort of thing? I could always pay the dealer a visit and insist on a stamp, but it all seems rather academic. Car is UK sourced and is just over two years old.

I suppose I could go to my local dealer and find all this out - it's just that I don't care to invest too much time at present going down that avenue and thought you folks might know more in any case.

Thanks for any useful info.

Andy.

Reply to
Andy Evans

I'd imagine all those problems would be covered under the warranty, except the window if its not properly sealed as the result of a non-ford dealer repair - as bodywork repairs often have to be done at a dealer to keep the bodywork covered.

Reply to
DanTXD

I've reprogrammed some off these, and it does cure the hessitation. I'm not sure if this would be covered under warranty though, as there was no specific Technical Service Buletin covering it. (I know Vauxhall class reprogramming as a service item)

The glow plug light shouldn't flash unless there's a fault with the system, regardless of how quickly you start the engine after the light goes out. I'd certainly mention this to the dealer.

If the seals aren't fitted right, then it's more likely somebody has had them off, or been playing with them. I would very much doubt if they'd be covered by warranty.

Provided you have prove the car has been serviced, Ford will warranty the car.

Reply to
Moray Cuthill

No, but its a engine fault with a 2 year old car, so should be covered surely?

Reply to
DanTXD

message

You'd 'ave thought so.

BTW, Moray and Dan, thanks for all the info.

Andy.

Reply to
Andy Evans