Monthly breakdown cover?

Due to a lack of sufficient Tesco clubcard vouchers, my RAC family policy is about to expire. In the next month or two I will probably have enough vouchers to renew at the discounted price.

Are there any straightforward "pay monthly" deals that I could buy to tide me over or is the best I can hope for to buy an annual policy on a pay monthly basis and then cancel it when I renew my RAC membership? Obviously prefer not to go down that route due to admin charges for cancellation.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Check the bank current account you might have? I've got one that covers me with breakdown and travel insurance inside the monthly fee, so said goodbye to 25 years of AA membership, that which I only used twice...

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

Good point. Alas ours doesn't but even if it had we had a family policy with the RAC to cover two daughter's away from home.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

I'm in a similar position with the AA (and get 50% discount because of that) but does your bank cover *you* (and your family) in the same way the AA does? eg, Are *you* covered no matter what / whose vehicle you are in (or on) and if you are driving or not?

I prefer that because the three of us could be in / on a variety of vehicles or with friends who don't have any cover themselves and we still want to get home. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

p.s. The only time we aren't covered is when on our cycles which can be a pain when 100 miles from home, on a tandem and towing a camping trailer. AFAIAC, *I / we* still need to get home and it would be easier for them to get us home with a broken bicycle than pretty well anything else. The last time we asked I think they said they were 'looking into it' ...

Reply to
T i m

I have several mainly through bank accounts chucking them in. One covers any car that I am in for breakdown.

Reply to
Graham T

Tim+ brought next idea :

Swintons insurance brokers do their own breakdown cover (think they use Green Flag) on a monthly basis. If I remember right I pay about seven quid a month, rising to about nine quid for european cover.

Reply to
Munch

Have a look at one of the money back websites, TopCashBack for one.

You're like to find it even cheaper than using your vouchers.

Reply to
Fredxxx