MOT and tyre questions.

To keep story short,

previous owner of my Golf estate replaced the four steel wheels with alloy wheels and low profile tyres.

The steel spare wheel is OEM original and has a " normal" tyre on.

One of the car's low profile tyres is now at the legal limit so I replaced it with the spare, and the low profile alloy wheel is now my spare.

My car is due an MoT.

two questions:

  1. will it pass on it having two different tyre sizes? The tyre sizes are OK'ed by VW for a Golf Estate.)

  1. will the "at the legal limit spare tyre" cause it to fail MoT?

Stephen.

Reply to
Stephen H

the tyres must be the same width and profile on each axle. so by the sound of it , it is a failure. Steel wheel is ok with alloy on the other side.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

... and the spare is not testable.

Reply to
David Taylor

so you cant get an mot with a space saver on?

Reply to
Nige

rfr:a 'temporary use' or 'space-saver' wheel and tyre fitted asa road wheel.

Reply to
reg

Nige spake thus:

Not unless there's another space saver the other side :-)

Reply to
Scion

no, that would be two failure items.

Reply to