MOT certificate car colour

Hi,

My MOT inspector has written 'blue' as the colour on the car's new MOT certificate. However the car is most definately black, and always has been!

Is this a problem legally? Should I get a new certificate?

Thanks,

Iain

Reply to
Iain McLaren

Start with the certificate, then replace the tester next year.

John

For affordable car loans

Reply to
John

I used to have a silk-violet Nova - had certificates listing it as blue, purple and probably some others. Since the only people who see it (PO counters and the police for producers) do so without actually looking at the car I don't suppose it's a problem.

Reply to
Scott M

Well about 5 years ago I got pulled over in my Dad's Mondeo for speeding on the M4, and they wrote "blue" on the producer they gave me, despite the car being what Ford call "juice green". Probably a reflection of the blue lights :-)

I wonder if I could have got of the speeding charge on a technicality on the producer?!! Probably not :-(

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

My mum's MoT cert says "COPPER" as the colour instead of RED, even though they had the log-book when they filled out it's first MoT cert. Always struck me as odd.

--Nick.

Reply to
Nick

you should always check the details when the cert is issued. however, over the years I have seen and had dozens of certs with minor wrong details, none have ever caused any agg. the colour is only meant to be a basic descriptive colour, and if the tester is colour blind?

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

I was particularly pissed off when the post office rejected my MOT cert because the V in HVC looked too much like a U. (fortunately getting another was easy)

cheers, clive

Reply to
Clive George

It was the Mrs that picked it up....

Quite possibly...he wrote 'blue' on the fail certificate a few days ago as well.

Our dark green cavalier's quite often been seen by some as black, especially when it's getting dark!

Reply to
Iain McLaren

Ach, if that's his biggest mistake I'm not too unhappy!

They've always been very fair and I've not had any reason to quibble with any fails they've given me...

Reply to
Iain McLaren

Easy mistake when you are not thinking straight - the MOT guy was probably trying to do four/five jobs at the same time somebody here wants to try it.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

Coloured blind tester theres plenty of them about.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

Still legal as long as the VIN as correct

Bill

Reply to
Bill

Most people are just happy enough to get the pass cert - so checking the details isn't a priority

Bill

Reply to
Bill

Obviously the girl at the counter should have been sacked.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

Well theres your answer - in the garage it probably looked darker than it really is. Next year make sure your tell the tester the correct colour.

Bill

Bill

Reply to
Bill

I had a BMW serviced & MoT'd at Sewells BMW in Harlow a number of years back. They knocked one of the side skirts off with a jack then quoted me to have it fixed (which I declined). When I picked it up they gave me all the receipts etc & the MOT cert - on which they had put the wrong reg no. So I left it with them & they sent me a new one

- which then had the wrong date on. It wasn't in my favour but was only a couple of weeks out so was just pleased to be legal and not have to go back to them.

I'm going to run out of BMW dealers at this rate! (& that wouldn't be a bad thing)

Reply to
adder