MOT emissions failure (s )

First of all Hi, My Pug 405 quasar 1.8 is doing my nut in. I just canno

get the fast idle emissions down far enough to pass. I've done full oi change and filter, air filter, unclogged and cleaned every pipe I coul lay my hands on, re routed the breather hoses away from entering the ai intake, blocked the pipe up.. Changed the plugs. And its all cos it been 0.03 over for the past three times. Whats next change the o sensor ? Cat ?.

here are the results from the mot jury

fast idle co % 0.4 hc 15ppm

fastidle2co % 0.33 HC 6

natural idle at 845 rpm co% 0.11.

They have always been around that no matter what I try. I be glad o any mechanic that can point me in the right direction,...... short o scrapping it anyway ;=)

cheers I have wandered through the posts here and I wish I had foun the forums a long time ago, it would have saved me some time sortin out problems on my own.

cheers

the B00geyma

-- B00geyman

Reply to
B00geyman

check for any air leaks , especially in the exhaust system around any joints, i have in the past come across pinholed welding around the o2 sensor , giving high readings.

Reply to
reg

Ta, The back box had a blow where it connected to the central pipe, bu I'm going to my local scrappy where he has a full exhuast system ( inc cat ) for sixty squids and I'm going to renew the Lambda with universal for about 26 squidly diddleys and if that don' work......trade in time.

What I really want is a reliable cheap co tester that is accurate

-- B00geyman

Reply to
B00geyman

there is no such thing, the levels to be measured are so low that a cheap meter will not have the repeatability/accuracy, the cheap ones don't actually measure co, but relate the reading to something else, I forget what, they are fine for setting something pre cat to less than three, but stand no chance at sub 1 settings, believe me, I have tried. Even the expensive ones have to be recalibrated regularly and have new oxygen things fitted, each recalibration costs more than a gunsons co tester.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

BWAHAHAHAHA....

Reply to
Conor

as Mr C says you wont get one, the one we use at work for our mots, in fact we've got two one for the repair shop & one for the mots are calibrated every 6 months.

Reply to
reg

Must invent one then...I just need sticky back plastic, empty bog rol containers, a washing up liquid container and a Phd in Electronics an a blue peter badge.....f*ck, I don't even know what sticky backe plastic is/was ? Guess I'm just gonna have to get back into classi cars, the ones that you can calibrate with a canary with a bad chest just like the Scottish chef says " if its broon its cooked an if it black its buggerit" LO

-- B00geyman

Reply to
B00geyman

LOL .

Reply to
reg

you forgot the shoebox and wallpaper paste

Reply to
aussie bongo