MOT emissions results

Just had the venerable 2001 Focus 2.0 ESP MOT tested yesterday and they gave me a copy of the emissions test results which I've not had previously. 12 years old, original exhaust, CAT, lambda sensors, HT leads but it had new plugs about six years ago because someone gave me a set as a Xmas present.

Fast idle CO 0.00 (limit 0.20), HC 8 (limit 200), lambda 1.004 (limit 1.03)

Natural idle CO 0.00 (limit 0.30)

Bloody thing seems to be running on fresh air despite my years of abuse.

What results do other people get from modern CAT equiped cars? I'd like to get a small database of average test results for future reference.

Reply to
Dave Baker

focus 1.6 yesterday 50k miles 03 plate: FI CO 0.022 FI HC 30 lambda 1.013 Nat idle 0.020

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Honda Jazz 1.4 - 125k 2004

FI CO 0.08% FI HC 198ppm (too close for comfort) lambda 0.991

Nat Idle CO 0.15%

Reply to
Tom Burton

That is rather too rich from the sound of things. Best to start with a full service. Unless it was not fully hot ?

Reply to
Mrcheerful

A bit of both I think, I presented it stinking hot, but it was allowed to cool for about 40mins.

It is well due a service.....SWMBO tells me AFTER the MOT it hasnt been serviced for 2yrs best part of 25k!!! (I have however given it the oil changes in that time)

Reply to
Tom Burton