Multipla starting problems

2000 105JTD

Sometimes 'her' Multipla will not start. It either starts immediately or just turns over and over not firing. Do these have a factory fitted immobiliser? It has no alarm. I wondered if the key fob has a battery that might be weak, or is it a RFID sort of thing?

Any ideas?

Reply to
R D S

Immobilizer is fitted- its a chipped key- no battery.

If there is an immobilizer problem the CHECK ENGINE lamp will be flashing on the dash when you are attempting to start.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

Mine did this. If you jump started it it started immediately. There was plenty of current available to turn the engine over but the voltage was too low for the ECU. New battery sorted it.

Reply to
norm

I often get in and try to start it will the lights/wipers/heater blower etc running. I will switch stuff off and see if it is any better.

Reply to
R D S