MX-5 MK1 coolant hoses

Can someone give me an idea of where the ones at the back of the engine are? It's dark, I've no workshop manual etc etc. Lot of water loss from rear end of engine, all over bulkhead on the passenger side. Looks like a hose has gone..

Cheers

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

Snot popped a core plug has it?

Reply to
Pete M

It's not going to do it any harm if I fill it up with tap water for a few mins to find out where it's leaking is it? I don't know anymore...

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

"Mike P" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

No, that'll be fine. Just - especially at this time of year - don't leave it full of plain tap...

Reply to
Adrian

Cheers Adrian, I never know what I can and can't put in these "modern" engines. Anyways, I'm just going to fill it, find the leak, drain it down, and then fix and refill with coolant again. Hopefully done by lunchtime..

cheers

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

No, it's the upper of the two heater feed hoses that has split. Now, I just have to find one....

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

Shouldn't be too hard to sort that. If it has split on a straight bit, whack some copper pipe in the middle and use a couple of jubbly clips.

Reply to
Pete M

I found a full hose kit online so I'll spend tomorrow afternoon replacing all of them. I figure that if one's gone, others might. I've used your copper pipe trick before though ;-)

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P