my peugeot ABS light keeps coming on

i have a 206cc and every now and then ,{becoming more frequent ] my ABS light comes on only for a second or so, can anyone let me know what is the problem and what i should be looking for thanks rafa

Reply to
rafa

first check brake fluid level

Reply to
MrCheerful

thanks mr cheerfull done that reservoir full, pads half inch thick,brake pedal solid ,the only affect it has is the annoying abs brake fault notice

Reply to
rafa

Check for crud on the sensor ring on the hub.

Reply to
Conor

"Conor" wrote

Yeah, dirty sensor, a squirt of brake cleaner and a wipe over shouls sort it.

Reply to
Knight Of The Road

It's French - need we say any more ;-) I'd take it to a layby and set fire to it.....you'll get a better result than taking it to a dealer :)

Cheers Dan.

Reply to
Dan delaMare-Lyon

That is a permanent fix, I agree.