my radio code

I lost my menu car book and it had my car radio code. My car id is SJNFCAE11U1091190. Please can find out my code for me.

Reply to
margaretsonuga

you would need to go to the dealer for your make of car and request it from them.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Was that always the case ? I thought with the radio make and serial number, I had seen people being given the code here before !

Reply to
Andy Cap

the number given looks more like a vin number, but with so little detail it is hard to say for sure. some radios can be decoded by serial number, but many newer ones need to come from the car makers charts.

moneysaving expert has often been a good source of radio codes of both types

Reply to
Mrcheerful

You can only do that for certain, usually older, vehicles.

It looks like the number the OP has supplied is the VIN from a Nissan; it's unlikely that the code could be found from that, it usually needs the serial number and sometimes other data from the radio, even for a dealer to decode it.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Given that every vaguely modern car has the VIN visible through the windscreen, it'd be a fairly s**te "security" measure if the VIN was all that's needed to decode the nicked stereo...

Reply to
Adrian
[...]

Stranger things happen!

Some years back, it was possible to get a working key from a dealer for certain makes just with the VIN. Dealers were supposed to only do it if proof of ownership was provided,but not all of them were on the ball.

Here's looking at you VX...

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

the dealers usually require to see the v5

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Many years ago I jumped into one of the Vauxhall Combo vans at work to do a longish journey and found the radio needed a code after a flat battery incident.

On the back window was the supplying dealer sticker for Approach Vauxhall in Salisbury. I phoned the number, gave them the registration number and they gave me the code over the phone and told me how to enter it. Very secure!

Reply to
Doctor D