new brake pads noisy

Recently I had some new brake pads put on the front of a 2002 Corolla. A couple of hundred miles later, when braking fairly gently we get a noise like a high pitched ship fog horn. When braking more firmly there is no noise. But in stop/start traffic it can get on everyones nerves.

Is there something I can do to remedy it please?

Reply to
john east

Coppaslip on the back of the pads where they touch the pistons. Just the tiniest, thinnest smear.

Reply to
John Williamson

How worn are the discs?

Reply to