New mondeo rear pads worn after 16,000 miles

I've got a new shape mondeo, bought new 2 years ago. Took it in for its second service today and they tell me the rear pads are worn out. After only 16,000 miles! Front are OK.

Asked them how this could possibly happen, they say it's likely to be down to my style of driving. Why are the front OK then I asked? They suggested I'd been driving with the handbrake applied, I have not!

Any ideas why this would happen? The calipers don't seem to be sticking, the car will roll on a very gentle incline and no noticeable heat after driving. We do have a sloping drive so we have to do a 'hill start' every time we go out but this shouldn't really cause a problem should it?

Had a google for known issues with new mondeos but didn't find anything

TIA for any ideas or advice.

Reply to
zorro

Kwikfit?

Reply to
Paul

Nope - Ford main dealer (Evans Halshaw).

Reply to
zorro

Google suggests quite a few people with exactly same issue, seems to be a 'mondeo thing' eg:

Paul

I'll stick with my 5 year old Mondeo MK3 then, I had all brake pads changed at 32,000 miles quite recently, but I might go and tease the Evans Halshaw sales executives about whether to buy a MK 4. ;-)

I wonder if Focus models have the same problem?

Reply to
Gordon H

Not noticed it, but saw a Honda Accord estate the ate it's rear pads & discs last week.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

Equally as Bad :)

Reply to