NEW REG..

hello everyone.

i ahve seen some one is talking about the registration plate related to LONDON and that prompts me to ask this question.

can some one help me to get my name on the plate please.

names would be

LAKMAL

MENDIS

thanks a lot.

lalmal

Reply to
LAKMAL

Take on permanent marker - any colour you choose - and write Lakmal Mendis on the number plates. Ergo, job done!

Reply to
Rivet

Do you think Sad Bastard might be a better choice?

Reply to
malc

How about T1 TED!

Reply to
Andy

If you are going to have an illegally formatted number plate, why bother legally getting the registration mark you want to distort? Just make the plate up you want.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Smith

Legal ones have to be close approximation, and that needs without mentioning.

For LAKMAL, the ones that should be of interest is L48M4L. Of course there isn't one like this, but Martyn H's post on the LONDON thread should help you to focus on likely candidates. Now, if only you could track down L48MAL.

For MENDIS, you should try something close to M3ND15. That's 'fifteen' at the end.

Good hunting!

Reply to
Lin Chung

Hmm. L48 MAL is a possibility, M3ND15 isn't. MEN315 could be made to look similar with a creatively illegal font.

Reply to
Pete M

There is a fundamental, fatal flaw: ask yourself, would *anyone* know "48" stands for "AK", or "3" is meant to be "D", without being told? This unavoidable masquerade sort of defeats the whole purpose of recognition. Hence the unwelcome truth, in this example, has to be that it's all a pointless exercise.

Reply to
Lin Chung

I looked for S1MON, just out of interest. It's on a Ferrari. Might have guessed!

Si

Reply to
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot

Just get some "show plates" made up and stick on the car alongside the legal reg. If you can't take a hint why I put show plates in quotes you are past my helping and need shooting.

Peter Hill

Bob Smith proclaimed to uk.rec.cars.maintenance ...

Thats a very good point - the end prosecution/fine would be the same- you might as well have the best one :)

Reply to
Coyoteboy