New Steel Wheel Needed

My son has bent one of the wheels on our 2002 Punto. Where do I find a replacement wheel without paying Fiat prices? It's a steel wheel and the tyre size is 165/70 R14 T.

Thanks!

Reply to
GB

Your nearest scrapyard.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

Do I need one specifically off a Fiat, and how do I check it fits?

Reply to
GB

BTW the scrapyard burnt down and closed the M1 for a week.

Reply to
GB
[...]

OK, the nearest one that hasn't burnt down... :-)

Puntos in scrapyards are not going to be rare; you should be able to get an exact replacement.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Okies. I guess that's what they are there for, so I'll give one a call.

Reply to
GB

Yes, you'll be wanting one from a Fiat, but given the most common ones are all the same PCD (how far apart the bolts are spaced), bore & offset if it looks the same it probably is the same. You do want one with the same offset as it's friends or it it ends up on the front it'll slightly upset the handling.

Duncan Wood

Ebay? Make sure you enter the correct model, though. Of course carriage is going to cost so might be better to check out a local car breaker. Get a list and phone them first.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

In message , GB writes

Bloody young fool, why can't these youngsters drive sensibly like 77 y/old me ?

I drove over an almost invisible "traffic calming" kerb in a dark spot last night just before midnight and the front N/S tyre went flat. I drove the 3/4 mile home on it rather than wrestle with wheel changing or waiting for the AA in a dodgy area.

When I looked at the tyre this morning there was also a small nail in it just between tread blocks. The alloy rim looks ok, but I've ordered a new tyre...

I hope you get a decent price.

Reply to
Gordon H

They are back in business, but there are some bloody big bits of metal holding up the M1. Complete with a security guard to make sure nobody steals them! :)

Anyway, wheel bought and the whole job done. The most expensive bit was the tracking adjustment.

Reply to
GB

Easy you get your son to buy one. Then you don't have to pay a penny and you won't care how much it cost.

Reply to
Steve Firth

He paid for it all. The whole jobby cost £75 of which the most expensive bit was the 4 wheel tracking.

Reply to
GB

look in the boot, theres probably one there :)

Reply to
Gazz