new tyres: recommendations?

Hi,

I need to buy two new tyres as I only have 2mm of tread left on the front.

I did post here a few months back, wondering about getting winter tyres but never got around to it; partly because the back tyres had about 5mm on at the time and it seemed a shame to throw them away. That said, I can't remember what make they are. I'm sure they are nothing special; they are whatever was on the car when I bought it. But at £100 per corner, I guess it makes sense to use them up first.

Hopefully, I've missed the winter weather for another year, so what tyres do you recommend I get in the meantime? Should I get some all season tyres, so I don't have to worry about changing tyres for the winter?

I have costco membership, so I hope I may be able to get a good price on Dunlops but I would consider any other make too.

TIA

Reply to
Fred

[...]

For all season tyres I can recommend Goodyear Vector 4 Seasons.

Reply to
Doctor D

I'm a massive fan of Uniroyal Rain Experts.

Lots of tread depth, decent grip in the dry and outstanding in the wet - even work well in the snow.

(This is on an MX5)

Reply to
SteveH

Fred wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I have Kleber Quadraxer all season tyres on my Volvo V70, work great all year round up here in Fife, Scotland. Temperature doesn't seem to affect them, they are quiet on the road, and in the wet are much better than the OEM Pirellis. AND, they are cheaper.

Reply to
Tunku

Good decision not going for winter tyres this past winter as it has been very mild. I am thinking it could be a very hot summer. I'm a big fan of Michelin and they do last a long time and perform very well, however the downside is they are very expensive. When I recently replaced my tyres I couldn't afford to replace like for like so instead I got some Good Year Optigrip's. They are summer tyres and very good. They are especially good in the rain, make a good all round tyre. I am very pleased with them. I don't expect them to last anywhere near as long as the Pilot Primacy's though. My second choice if no Opti Grips were available would have been the Bridgestone Potenzas. HTH.

Reply to
John