New Zafira - Fumes coming from heater vents

I have just taken delivery (5 day) of a brand New Zafira diesel and every time I turn on the heater I contantly get diesel smell fumes coming out of the vents, does anybody know it this is normal on a new car and it will eventually disappear or should I take it back to the vauxhall garage for them to check it?

The smell give me an headache and make my nose hitch.

Reply to
Mush001

Unless the wind is blowing the exhaust fumes around to the heater inlet, then no. Take it back and get it checked.

Reply to
Moray Cuthill

You will find that it's the newness of the heater element! Leave the heater on full blast with the engine running and doors open for a few minutes. That will clear it up.

Reply to
Ron