Nissan Almera ventilation air filter changing

According to my 2001 Almera 1.5 S handbook the ventilation air filters should be changed every 12 months to ensure efficient operation of air con etc. I cannot find where these are situated, any advice on changing these appreaciated. Also, the front wheel bearing grease should be replenished, whats the procedure for doing this please?

Reply to
Rob

My Almera is a 1996 1.6GLX but the ventilation (or 'pollen') filter may be in the same location. It's located in the air intake housing between the blower motor and the heater assembly. Pull out the plastic hinge pins at each side of the glovebox and remove the glovebox cover. Then undo the four screws and remove the glovebox aperture reinforcement plate. If the filter has never been replaced, cut out the central portion of the aperture along the moulded cutting lines (I used tin-snips). Remove the metal retaining clip (bottom?) and remove the lower section of the filter, followed by the upper section. Refit in reverse. I didn't replace the filter -just washed it. The cut out section can be replaced if desired using using self-tappers, but I didn't bother.

I can't find any references to changing the front wheel bearing grease as part of a service, although my Haynes manual only covers 1995 to Feb. 2000.

Terry D.

Reply to
Terry D

Thanks for the reply, its very helpful.

Reply to
Rob

Maybe you should let the main dealer service the car - they know where these things are and would not invalidate your 3 year warranty - my service was £99 including a wash and vacuum and hire car (for a fiver extra - insurance)

Reply to
tommy

Done the job - it was easy. It was as Terry D said except that i didn't have to cut the old one out - it just pulled out and i inserted the new one.

Reply to
Rob