Nissan Micra 2002 oil filter removal

With my previous Nissan Micra 1995 model, it was quite easy to remove the oil filter by putting my arm from above and working it loose by hand. Now with the 2002 model, there are so many obstructions in the way that I can't get my hand in there anymore. Any suggestions?

Reply to
entity

I always do them from underneath anyway, with the car up on ramps. I haven't seen the guts of the newer one yet.

It always drips the oil all over the drive shaft anyway, so you pretty much have to be underneath to wipe it off, or you get the old dear phoning up at midnight saying there's an oil leak and she desperately needs the car by

0800.

Been there etc

Steve

Reply to