Nissan Micra driver's door swings open

I have a 1 year old Nissan Micra and I find that the driver's door swings open on occasions when driving although I think it is shut properly. I have not actually had it happen but my wife finds it fairly often. May daughter has 3 year old Micra and also finds the same thing happen.

Mine is under guarantee and will go back for repair.

Does anybody know what is likely to be the problem

Thanks

Graham

Reply to
Graham Brooker

Regards, Graham L

Graham

The recall mentioned is for Build Start Date : 01/02/2002 & Build End Date :

30/09/2002 as quoted by Vosa

You should have had a recall notice from Nissan aswell

Reply to
A C

Thanks for both these recall references. I phoned my Nissan dealer and was told they do not apply to my model but only to the old shape. They tell me the door handle can get stuck out and may need greasing. I do not want to get fobbed off by them but wonder whether anyone else has heard of this too

Thanks

Graham

Graham Brooker

"Graham Brooker" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@bt.com:

You can eliminate that theory by simply checking that the door is secure before you set off. If it's a stuck handle, the door won't latch properly in the first place.

Stu

Reply to
Stu

Reply to