Nissan micra engine code / serial number

Hello everybody. I live in Finland, a country whose language is not very "user friendly" (at least to foreigners). I just bought a Nissan Micra (brand new) and the car delivery is scheduled for Nov 30th. Anxiously waiting for my new set of wheels, I started checking all equipment my car should have. Now therein lies the problem: I ordered the 1.2L / 80 HP engine (the Micras here are designated by some funny names: Visia, Visia+, Acenta and SR. I got the Visia+). Browsing the official Nissan site, I learned that the 1.2L engine comes in 2 flavors: low (65HP) and high (80HP) power. The plain question is: how do I tell the engines form each other? I do trust the dealership, but since our communication is fairly limited :-) I'd like to make sure no "mistake" has been done when I am delivered the car. Does anyone know the engine model number / code for the 2 engines and where these are located? The website's quite puzzling, as the technical specs pages are a mixture of old and new Micra versions, really hard to tell which is which. I paid EUR 900 for this engine so, I'd like to make sure I get it. Thanks for your thoughts.

Matt

Reply to
Matt1550

This is normally very easy if you can get hold of the cars driver manual. If like Vauxhall, in the back there's a list of engines, with code designations, to tell you about servicing, capacities etc, and this info often has the engine power/torque/rpm figures, and also fuel and oil consumption data etc.

On the other hand, you could go to

and use the "Request Information" page to send your query to them.

Reply to
R. Murphy

Thanks a lot for the idea. I'll give the manual a careful look at delivery. And the nissan.co.uk idea sounds very good. Let's see what they come up with.

Thanks again.

Matt

Reply to
Matt1550