Nissan Micra immobiliser

I have a Nissan Micra S, year 2002. How can I find out if it has an immobiliser?

Reply to
Invisible Man

Handbook?!?!

95% sure it will have though.- Chip in key.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

Assuming its a legit European model, it has one. European law has mandated the fitting of immobilisers to new vehicles since 1st January 1997.

Even my Skoda has one ;-)

Ian

Reply to
Ian Riches

The handbook doesn't say anything about it, but when I looked at my key, it has 'NATS' written on the black plastic key handle with a small blue plastic square that looks like the lid of a small compartment inside the key handle. Does this mean a chip is inside and therefore my car has an immobiliser?

Reply to
Invisible Man

Yes

Reply to
Dave

Chip in key )little blue insert)- look in handbook. The radio is probably tied-in to the car as well, and won't work in any other vehicle. There are warnings in the handbook about having the second key close to the dashboard or something, if I remember,

Reply to
R. Murphy