no back brakes

wentn to the vet to have my 88 cougar tested. she came back and told me the back brakes dont work. plenty of pad in the back, no sighns of a leak. any possible clues?

Reply to
shogun64

seized calipers

Reply to
mrcheerful

drums in back

Reply to
shogun64

possibly seized wheel cylinders then.

Reply to
reg

the word 'pads' would generally imply disc brakes.

either way they aren't being pushed (master or pipe/valve problem) or they are seized

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

Self adjusters? Load sensing valve seized?

Reply to
Conor