noise on fiesta TDCi

The fez has started to make a noise on first startup when cold, deffinateley situated in the timing belt area and goes after its warm!! never heard anything the same before, can only be described as a swooshing noise which changes with engine revs.

I'm thinking either the timing belt tensioner/idler or the water pump. All of which are on order. How many hours am I looking at for somenoe to fit them, I reckon 2 hours at a good garage, (it will need new coolant as well) also anything else driven off the timing belt? I have tried switching the air con on and off and when the compressor kicks in there is no change in pitch of the noise, so I dont think it's that.

any other ideas?

December 2002 - 1.4 TDCi

Reply to
Staffbull