Noise turning left in Fiesta Zetec 03

Can anyone suggest a reason for a noise that sounds like a fast woosh-woosh-woosh when I turn left (any amount)? It doesn't depend on engine revs, but does get faster as the wheels turn faster. I can't reproduce it if I jack the wheel up and turn it.

Reply to
Mr. Spigot

Something caught in the brake disc cover?

Reply to
Duncan Wood

May be a noisy CV boot, the concertina bits can rub on each other and make noise, try spraying it with some silicone like furniture polish and see if it changes. The other one that is hard to spot is cheap wheel trims rubbing on the tyre, if you have them take them off and drive it.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Take 3 right turns instead of 1 left turn. Or move to a town with lots of roundabouts - Milton Keynes, for example.

Reply to
Shawn Wilson