noisy cars tyres (continentals)

hello a few weeks ago i bought a full set of Continental eco contact 3s as they had the best write up for my type of car (small saloon) however from day one the gave awful road noise even louder than the engine on a lots of surfaces but even on a smooth road it's more noisier than before and at 40mph it sets up a resonance i can feel in the pedals, before i take it back to see if anything can be done by the company i got them off has anyone else had this experience with this type of tyre. help appreciated

Reply to
degsi316

I have them on my Focus; they are quieter than the NCT5's they replaced!

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

It's different to the experience I've had with them on my Capri. Excellent tyres.

Reply to
Conor

have you checked the pressures are right?

Reply to
Mrcheerful

yes my cars spot on with all its specs very thorough in all that kind of thing ,thanks

Reply to
degsi316

i agree the grip and comfort is good quality,think i'll go back to supplier and see what he comes up with, my car had a fairly quite ride but this is getting annoying

Reply to
degsi316

If it is a good car, then tyre noise penetrate far less and is less of a problem. I was surprised at the level of tyre noise in a 2007 Fiat Punto which I rented for one week, compared with my 1993 Saab

9000. Both cars had Pirelli tyres.
Reply to
johannes

Different tyres suit different cars especially for cabin noise. It's quite logical really, a particular car will be best at filtering out noise at certain frequencies, and a particular make of tyre will generate noise at certain frequencies. So, if your Continentals chuck out noise that your car is no good at filtering out then you'll get a lot of noise.

Reply to
Steve B

well it's run quietly for 2 years on budget tyres and a mix of treads too,no probs at all till now

Reply to
degsi316

They're on back to front.

Reply to
Ian

I doubt it; they're not directional...

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Inside out?

Reply to
Ian Dalziel

I would imagine that would be fairly noisy, yes.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

i though about that,being on the wrong way round,but chris has shot that in the foot,going to try an 5lbs increase in tyre pressure,if it don't work then i'm going to see what the supplier says thanks for all replies.

Reply to
degsi316

While these aren't directional tyres, they do have an "outside" and an "inside". See

I shouldn't think that mounting them "inside-out" would cause extra noise, but it's certainly something to check.

John

Reply to
John Henderson

iv'e just received an e-mail from continental asking me to give them

1000 mile run in then get back to them if problem continues so will do that
Reply to
degsi316

Interesting..

Did you email them or did they find it on here?

...and do let us know which way it goes, whatever happens.

Reply to
PCPaul