Nokia cradle (popport) to Sony Mp3 connection to emulate carkit, question

Hi

I have an mp3 Sony which will be fitted in my new Ferby. My problem is moving my audio stuff about....already had to rip out my Sony Stalk - well actually I found it easier to cut it and repair later, rather than dismantle the dash again......but my main interest is getting mobile car kit style effect from the kit I have (if possible).

I have a Nokia cradle for a 6230 (the standard pop style). With the MP3 stalk (to be refitted) I can also mute the stereo immediately and control volume so thats no problem. I am using the budget, but excellent value Sony single head unit with MP3 socket. Its fantastic and at £80 I would recommend to anyone.

I also have an audio adapter (the mini jack style) which can allow me to play mp3's thru my phones memory, but I cant use it as a cheapo CarK - cos it seems to cut off the Mic built in when connected to popport (cos the cable doesn't have a Mic)!

I was wondering if anyone could help with this question - are the audio adapters with the built in mic likely to be any use at all ? What about a way of splitting the mic portion out, so it could be made to be a lot closer to the driver ? I can't imagine this is rocket science but just haven't seen any specific kit to do this, as opposed to the simple single cable solutions. I guess its just a pants way of doing things and not carkit specific, but if it works....

Failing that I will just use bluetooth headset with the phone - but haven't had any call to use one yet, and if I can get the loudspeaker method working with my stalk I would rather do that.

Cheers

Ant

Reply to
antonyf