Non-returning Indicator Stalk

My Escort has developed a problem which is more of an annoyance than anything else. When indicating (either left or right), the indicator does not return after straightening the wheel.

It's not the stalk itself because I've replaced it in the past when I had issues with the lights not coming on properly etc, and the problem existed before.

I've took a look at the wheel, and there appears to be a metal jobby that flicks a small plastic notch on the stalk prompting it back into position.

Is there an easy fix for this or do I have to replace the entire wheel? :-|

Ta, G.

Reply to
G-Man

it is usually the switch, but remove the switch and try clicking the release over after operating the switch, if it works ok then perhaps the steering wheel bit is misplaced or bent

Reply to
mrcheerful