O/T Mirrors

I was wondering what is the legal requirement for mirrors on your car. Do you need both wing mirror aswell as your rear view as a legal requirement if not what is the legal requirement

Reply to
Lee Gardner

Grant Mason

IIRC you need at least one interior and one exterior drivers side mirror, or exterior mirrors on both sides if you have no interior mirror / no clear view of the rear of the vehicle.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

So it is therfore illegal to have a rear view mirror and a passenger side mirror????

In other words i have a drivers side exterior mirror missing

Reply to
Lee Gardner

According to the URL I posted, yes.

Reply to
Grant Mason

IIRC, you need two mirrors. They can be wing mirrors or one wing and one internal. You can be extravagant and have all three, though. However, I don't think mirrors should be compulsory as very few people seem to use them - especially when overtaking on dual carriageways or motorways.

Tom.

Reply to
Tom Saul